Thinking about changing the look of your bike?
But not sure that mass produced seat will fit your bike perfectly?
We’ll if it would be that simple everybody would do it.
Here are some things to keep in mind when making a seat.
- Take of the old seat
- Grind off all original brackets
- Make a seatpan in the shape you want out of aluminum or steel
- Weld in bolts or nuts so you can attach it to your bike
- Spray it so it won’t rust this is if you made it out of metal.
- Weld on new brackets on your frame to mound the seatpan.
- Next up foam… shape it the way you want your seat to be.
- When that is done it time for upholstering.